Content is the king of search engine positioning: this is the golden rule that you must never forget when it comes to Digital Marketing . We could therefore have titled our article “Content is King”, to underline the vital importance of always producing quality content to attract the positive attention of Google, but we preferred to give you a sort of vademecum on the elements you should never forget when you talks about strategies for online communication .
If there is no strength or involvement in the content you distribute on the network, the redemption will not be satisfactory – neither in terms of organic positioning on search engines, nor in terms of public satisfaction. On the contrary, if Content Marketing is carefully thought out, its effectiveness is palpable, and will allow you not only to place yourself among the top positions of Google, but also to attract not just any user to your site, but a truly interested prospect . Who could soon turn into a customer .
So let’s see together the essential elements of Content Marketing that should never be forgotten.
- First rule: create content capable of providing answers. What good is Google, if not to ask questions and look for solutions? This is the starting point that you must always keep in mind when it comes to Content Marketing. Therefore, produce and promote content that is truly capable of providing the answers your users are looking for, and do it with a fresh, engaging and smart language: this is how you will retain your target.
- Second rule: you have to know how to write . The Content Marketing specialist cannot, of course, “lend” himself to this job but must be a trained professional, with a great competence in language and expression and, at the same time, a good analytical and deductive ability. It is in fact essential that you know how to communicate correctly, as well as to the correct target. In addition to the right themes and the most targeted keywords, this means, in practice, knowing how to seduce with writing.
- Third rule: so much is beautiful . The so-called “long tail” not only have a higher chance of organic positioning on the engines, but also represent 70% of user searches. It is almost impossible for an Internet user to Google the word “bedroom”, while it makes much more sense that the search for him is something similar to: “How to set up a bedroom for twins”, don’t you think? Therefore, always start from this premise to produce your quality Content Marketing.
- Fourth rule: don’t underestimate the bounce rate. The bounce rate is an essential data in the analysis of the traffic of a website, and refers to the user’s exit from a site after having quickly visited only one page. Keep in mind that this value is used by Google to estimate your online performance: the higher the bounce rate, the lower the value of a site. This is why it is essential that you create content that engages the user and keeps him with you for as long as possible.
- Fifth rule: the value of backlinks . Even today, backlinks are one of the most important factors for the positioning of a website in terms of SEO. But how to ensure that “valuable” sites contain direct links to ours? Asking is useless. On the other hand, producing quality, valuable and truly interesting content is the only answer. This is how it is easy to be loved, to be taken as an example, to be used as a source and reference by other platforms.
- Sixth rule: social media, blame and delight . Purists of Content Marketing and, more generally, of quality content often tend not to like social media very much. Some of these platforms in particular have transformed, over time, into huge virtual squares where shouts and scuffles are the order of the day. However, the importance of social influence in SEO ranking is still undeniable. Interactions with the main social networks are therefore an essential element that must never be forgotten: and what do users share, if not content capable of truly offering value?
- Seventh rule: consistency always pays . Google makes no secret of appreciating sites that are updated carefully and above all regularly. For this reason it is essential that the production of quality content is not just a one-off action but a real rule to always keep in mind. Produce material, and do it often: in this way Google will always come back to find you and reward you.
- Eighth rule: if content is the king, then context is the queen . As we have already repeated ad nauseam, the quality of the content is essential for the success of your SEO. However, context is also an incredibly important factor in organic search engine rankings today. Contextual Marketing, or Context Marketing, is the personalization of any business on our target audience, it is a one-to-one marketing, even human. It is not possible to use a measure for everyone and it is instead essential to differentiate the message according to the audience that will have to receive it, so that their experience is truly unique and personal. Obviously, this approach goes hand in hand with the contextual creation of one’s own categories of customers: it is in fact through them that it will be possible to understand which messages and which approaches will generate the greatest value.