The Griddle is the heart of every kitchen used almost every day and should be cared for accordingly. Not only does the appliance look good for a long time, but also so that the baking results are as great as on the first day – because if you don’t clean the appliance after every meal, dirt will become more and more stubborn over time. In this article, I write how to clean a Griddle with baking soda?
But do you have to resort to chemical and sometimes aggressive cleaning agents to remove grease splashes and leftovers? Not if you try our cleaning tips! Because these are all based on home remedies that you usually already have at home anyway. This protects the environment, is easy on your wallet and your health and saves you the trip to the nearest drugstore or supermarket.
How to clean the Griddle with baking soda
Baking soda has long been a popular miracle cure, especially when cleaning a Cuisinart Griddler deluxe. Soda is the name for sodium bicarbonate and is found in many everyday things, such as baking powder or detergent.
Baking soda reacts with acids when it comes into contact with moisture and then foams – loosening even the most stubborn dirt.
1. Mix baking soda with water in a 1:1 ratio
2. Pour the mixture onto the incrustations
3. Depending on how dirty it is, leave it on for about 30 minutes
4. After the mixture has dried, sweep out the powder
5. Remove the rest with a damp cloth
Tip: Use baking soda to make your hob shine!
To make your ceramic hob shine again, add a few squirts of baking soda and some water, then wipe it off with a soft cloth. If you have steel burners that require cleaning, place them in a zip lock bag with a drop of bleach and some water overnight. Just wash off with soapy water the following day, and they’ll look brand new again!
How to clean a Griddle with baking soda
Not only suitable for baking cakes but also ideal for cleaning the Griddle afterwards: baking powder! It’s that easy:
1. Mix one sachet of baking soda with three tablespoons of water
2. Apply the mixture to the encrustations and leave to act for around 30 minutes, depending on how dirty it is
3. After the mixture has dried, sweep out the powder and remove the rest with a damp cloth
Clean the Griddle with vinegar
Vinegar also promises to finally put an end to scrubbing because, apart from salad dressing, it is ideal for removing fat spatters:
1. Mix vinegar and washing-up liquid
2. Put the mixture on the soiled areas
3. Rub in with a damp sponge until foam forms
4. Let it take effect
5. Wipe off the residue with a rag
If the dirt is particularly bad, you can repeat the process or use the more intensive vinegar essence. Here you can read how to do it:
1. Fill a heatproof bowl or casserole dish with vinegar essence and water
2. Place in the Griddle at around 150 degrees for 45 minutes
3. Take out the bowl and remove the loosened dirt with a rag or cloth
Cleaning the Griddle with lemon
It is already known that the citrus fruit can do a lot more than taste good, but the fact that you can also get the Griddle sparkling clean with the fragrant fruit makes the lemon the ideal helper for dirt and bad smells.
This place a heat-resistant bowl or casserole dish with a bit of water. And lemon juice in the Griddle and set it to about 120 degrees for about an hour. The steam and the acidity of the lemon then loosen stubborn dirt, which can be wiped off with a damp cloth.
Clean burned-in and heavy soiling in the Griddle
To tackle even the toughest dirt – and save time and money too – you can easily make your cleaner:
1. Mix white vinegar with baking soda and essential oil or lemon juice
2. Apply the paste and leave it on for about half an hour.
3. Then wipe out!
Clean the Griddle with salt
Did something drop onto the floor while baking? Then salt helps!
1. Moisten the griddle floor
2. Sprinkle affected areas with salt
3. Heat the Griddle (50 degrees is enough) until the salt is brown
4. Leave to cool
5. Sweep out the salt and wipe off the residue with a cloth
Clean the Griddle with shaving foam
It’s Sunday, and you made a spontaneous appointment to cook. The Elite Griddler is dirty, and then you notice that you don’t have any cleaning products in the house anymore. In such emergencies, shaving cream helps! It may sound a bit strange, but it is the best way to ensure cleanliness quickly:
1. Spray on shaving foam generously
2. Leave on for about 30 minutes
3. Wipe out, and you’re done!
The cleaning griddle is an easy process, and you easily clean the griller with backing soda. This article mainly reviews and writes how to clean a Griddle with baking soda. It is beneficial to clean your Griddle to get fresh recipes.