Cloud-based databases help your database expand along with emerging needs. You can scale up and down on-demand to deal with the workload.
Cloud enables database replication on different geo locations with multiple backups and recovery options. Hence, you do not have to worry about security and availability issues.
But how do you want that database to run on the Cloud? Do you leverage Database as a Service (DBaaS) offerings from well-known cloud providers?
In this blog, we will discuss some of the cloud databases. This information will help you to choose the best one according to your needs. Have a look.
Top Cloud Databases
#1. AWS (Amazon Web Service)
AWS is a platform that offers customised and reliable cloud computing solutions. It is developed with a combination of different offerings such as,
- – IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- – Packaged SaaS (Software as a Service)
- – PaaS (Platform as a Service)
AWS is widely adopted. It offers more than 200 fully-featured services from global data centres. AWS has the biggest cloud infrastructure on a global level.
AWS has users in almost 190 countries globally. Many big brands such as ESPN, Adobe, Airbnb, Twitter, Netflix, Facebook, BBC, etc., leverage AWS services. It helps them to mitigate costs, innovate faster, and provide agility. Read more about CompTIA Cloud Essential+ Certification In Sydney;
Reasons to choose AWS:
- -Most functionalities and features
- – The huge and highly dynamic community of partners and customers
- – Most flexible and secure
- – Fastest innovation pace
- – Most proven operational expertise
- -Unmatched experience, maturity, and reliability
- – Global infrastructure
#2. Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure helps you create secure and future-proof cloud solutions whether it’s,
- – Across multiple clouds
- – At the edge
It helps you modernise and migrate on your terms and at your pace. You can use free tools, detailed guides, and experts’ help.
You can remove your challenges by using your
- -Preferred languages
- – Frameworks
- – Infrastructure
- – Your own data centre
- – Even other clouds
By leveraging Azure, you will get everything needed to develop your next excellent solution. Constant innovation from Microsoft supports your development now and product visions always.
You can convert your data into real-time insights using highly secure analytics. Share data among your whole organisation using dashboards and visualisation.
Reasons to choose Azure:
- –IaaS and PaaS capabilities
- -Security offerings
- –Hybrid abilities
- –An integrated environment with other Microsoft tools
- –Analytics and intelligence capabilities
- –Easy learning curve
#3. Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
GCP is a public cloud vendor like AWS and Microsoft Azure. Users can access computer resources placed in Google’s data centres globally. It is used for free or based on pay-per-use.
GCP offers a suite of computing services. It helps users with GCP cost management and data management. Users can leverage web and video over the web to AI and ML tools.
Google’s comprehensive documentation mitigates stress on professionals and stakeholders. Its broad open-source compatibility provides many benefits. You can scale while doing more with analytics and integrations.
Google Cloud offers three key services for different storage types.
- Google Cloud Persistent Disks or block storage
- Google Cloud Firestore for network file storage
- Google Cloud storage for object storage
Reasons to choose Google Cloud:
- Trust and security
- Global infrastructure
- Data cloud
- Productivity and collaboration
- Open cloud
#4. Oracle Database
It is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) offered by oracle corporation. It is compatible with multiple platforms like,
Oracle is one of the oldest database management service providers globally. It has always emphasised enterprise needs and kept up with the latest technological advancements.
It supports different OS such as,
- IBM AIX
- Microsoft Windows Server
Reasons to choose Oracle Cloud:
- Easy migration
- Build cloud-native
- Autonomous services
- Hybrid cloud solutions
- Multi-Cloud deployment options
- Oracle-Azure interconnect
- Built-in security
- Superior price-performance
#5. IBM Db2 Database
DB2 is a collection of relational database products provided by IBM. It enables data management, processing, and advanced AI-driven analytics. It supports different OSs like Windows, Linux, and UNIX.
With DB2 users will have better operational DBMSs. The reasons are,
- On-premises and Cloud-based choices
- Advanced data security
- Mixed workload performance optimization
- Flexible scaling and re-adjustment
- Industry-leading data compression
Users will have quick insights with customised data management enabled by modern technologies. It is agile enough to provide needed data anywhere.
Reasons to choose IBM Db2 Database:
- Decreased need for data replication
- Parallel running for better query performance
- Accommodation for much larger database files
- Redistribution of files across more systems
- Apps do not need to change on the new system
- Use the same I/O methods or file access methods
- Boost operational efficiency
- Data architecture modernization
- Muli-cloud flexibility
Databases are a significant part of cloud services along with normal IT operations. The Cloud platform offers excellent flexibility to deal with your database workloads, either traditionally or as a service.
Whether you choose the Cloud platform or traditional databases, depends on your challenges. You need to be focused on what matters to your business the most.
Also Read : Mephimmy